** Now accepting decreased length of stays over Christmas and New Year! **
Welcome to the stunning Stone Splendor. It is professionally managed by Massanutten Vacations, LLC, the leading, premier vacation rental home and management company in the Elkton area since 2006.
To book this home you need to complete one of our leases. We will send it to you after a booking has been confirmed.
*JMU Graduation weekend, Thanksgiving week, and Christmastime through New Year's Day each require a 4-night minimum booking. Other Holidays such as Easter or Memorial Day require a 3-night minimum booking. **
This custom-built, stunning luxurious home sits atop a hill and has amazing views of the mountains year-round! Easy access into and around the main level of the house for guests with mobility issues.
Clad in stone and surrounded by multi-level decks and trees this home has plenty of space for families to spread out and unwind.
Languish in the large hot tub on the back deck that is the George Washington National Forest and watch the deer walk by. Listen to your favorite music coming from the speakers on every deck of the home!
Beautifully landscaped and maintained, the yard has shrubs and plants that grow continuously. Elegantly decorated with comfortable beds, furnishings, ample closet space, and new Roku TVs!
This home is on the same street as these Massanutten Vacation homes: Acorn Lodge and Peak Retreat. Just up the street and around the corner are our Blue Ridge Overlook and Shenandoah Sunrise homes! All are within walking distance to each other, and most can be seen from one another. These homes are ideal for family reunions.
Ground level: Enter into the great room from the main level deck which is where the big gas grill and large hot tub are located. The great room is composed of the dining, living, kitchen areas. There is a GAS LOG FIREPLACE IN THE LIVING ROOM, (Fireplace use 01 October through 31 March, ONLY) as well as 25-foot-tall windows that grant spectacular views. Curl up in front of the fireplace in the sun-dappled great room with wall to ceiling windows where you can watch skiers come barreling down from the top slopes.
The main level suite bedroom, the first bedroom to the left, has a comfortable king bed and offers an attached large bathroom that boasts a jacuzzi tub and spa steam shower to create your own spa environment. In the bedroom is large, flat screen cable TV. The bedroom to the right of the great room has two twin beds, 32'' flat screen Roku TV and full bath.
Compose a great meal in the large eat-in kitchen, equipped with modern stainless-steel appliances and plenty of cookware and dinnerware. There is plenty of seating for everyone! The dining table is large and, together with the breakfast bar and kitchen table, seats 14. There is also a highchair for toddlers and babies.
Lower level: Large entertainment/family room with an oak POOL TABLE, wall-mounted 55" Smart HD TV with cable, gaming area with board games for all ages, and a GAS LOG FIREPLACE, (Fireplace use 01 October through 31 March, ONLY). There is also large sectional sofa and two comfortable recliners.
Three are three downstairs bedrooms: one room off the living room has two double beds with new bedding and a new 32'' flat screen Roku TV, the next-door bedroom has a pyramid bunk and a twin bed as well as a new Roku box for the flat screen TV. These two bedrooms share a full bath between them. On the other side of the family room is a suite bedroom with a king bed & new 32'' flat screen Roku TV, and it has a full bath that has a door that leads back into the living room. This room offers beautiful views.
The laundry room is also downstairs, off the living room.
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON THIS PROPERTY.
LINENS FOR ALL BEDS. BRING YOUR OWN BATH TOWELS & WASHCLOTHS.
LEGAL MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 14 PEOPLE
This Massanutten Vacation Home is approximately 3420 square feet, and is ready for your visit with the following items:
* Central air & heat
* Linens for all beds, and hand towels
* Cable or satellite TVs
* Washing machine & dryer
* Books, Family Board Games
* Gas grill
* Modest supply of paper towels, toilet paper & trash bags
* Modest supply of dish soap, dishwasher tabs, laundry pods, hand soap
FULL EQUIPPED KITCHEN
* Toaster or toaster oven
* Coffee maker and filters
* Cookware, bakeware and dinnerware (plates, forks, spoons, knives, etc.)
* Dishwasher, Oven/Stove, Fridge
* Microwave oven
Items you will need to bring:
* Bath towels and washcloths. * Dishwasher & dish detergent
* Laundry detergent
* Baby items
* We provide a small welcome basket with some basic essentials such as toilet paper, paper towels, dish pods, and trash bags to get your vacation started, but you may need to purchase more!
***10% MILITARY DISCOUNT on the rental fee given when you reserve this home. Holidays (Holiday Rate Dates listed on this page) are excluded. Thank you for your service!
1) The reservation must be in the name of the person whose name is on the military ID.
2) A copy of your unexpired U.S. military ID card, current orders, or Veteran's Administration ID must be submitted BEFORE you make any payment to get this discount, since we are unable to deduct anything from the cost after your payment is made through HomeAway.
Mark through all social security numbers on the military ID copy.
Military discount will be applied once your military ID is received in our office.
3) Military IDs received after payment has been made will not be honored for the discount.
4) This discount is given to active duty, reservists and retired military persons.
5) Military discount is not given to civilians, civilian affiliates, contractors, Senior Executive Service (SES), Federal affiliates or Military affiliates accompanying the Armed Forces.
All Reservations: Refundable security deposit and cleaning fee additional.
ALL DISCOUNTS & SPECIALS:
1) Not valid in combination with any other discounts.
2) Not valid on reservations made previous to special rates being posted.
Please ask for more info.
In Massanutten: All the recreational facilities in Massanutten are within a 10 minute drive from this home!
Outdoor Swimming Pool, Skiing, Snowboarding, Snow Tubing, Arboretum, Playgrounds, Go-Kart Track, Summer Tubing, Tennis, Golf, Miniature Golf, Fishing, Hiking, Biking, Horseback Riding, Water Park, Large Arcade Room, Skate Park, Dining.
Outside Massanutten: Day Spa, Antiquing, Museums, Shenandoah River, Swimming, Fishing, Hunting, Canoeing, Kayaking, Scenic Train Rides, Skyline Drive, Wineries, Natural Bridge, Art and Pottery Galleries, Dining, Historic Downtowns, Caverns, Shopping, Colleges & Universities, Churches, Mosque and Synagogue.
Charlottesville, Harper's Ferry, Lexington, Richmond, Roanoke, Staunton, and Washington D.C. are all within a 1-3 hour drive.
Check-in: 04:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Select check-in date